Champion for Birds Social Media Samples
Click below to go to the downloads page
You can use these sample social media posts to get the word out to your networks! You can copy and paste from our samples below or get creative — just make sure to always include either SaveAPlaceForBirds.org OR your personal fundraising page link in all of your posts. You should also try to use the hashtags #SaveAPlaceForBirds and #GivingTuesday in your posts!
Facebook Sample Posts (tag @AmericanBirdConserve)
ON #GivingTuesday (November 30):
- TODAY IS THE DAY: #GivingTuesday! I need your help in supporting American Bird Conservancy to #SaveAPlaceForBirds. I am fundraising for ABC because [YOUR REASON TO SUPPORT ABC]. Please consider making a contribution to my fundraising page here: [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org]. Your gift will count toward a 1:1 MATCH and it will make a huge impact on wild birds and their habitats!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal this #GivingTuesday! Help me get to 100% to #SaveAPlaceForBirds! [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org]
- LAST CHANCE - Give before midnight on #GivingTuesday! Join me to #SaveAPlaceForBirds now and it will count toward a 1:1 MATCH to help save wild birds and their habitats. Make a contribution to my fundraising page here: [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org]
Twitter Sample Posts (tag @ABCBirds)
ON #GivingTuesday (November 30):
- BIRDS need YOU! Join me in supporting @ABCBirds to #SaveAPlaceForBirds!: [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org] #GivingTuesday
- I am fundraising for @ABCBirds to #SaveAPlaceForBirds on #GivingTuesday! Check out my page here [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org] to donate and share!
- Thank you to the donors and supporters that have helped me reach X% of my goal! Help me get to 100% to #SaveAPlaceForBirds: [LINK TO PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE or www.saveaplaceforbirds.org] @ABCBirds
Instagram (tag @americanbirdconservancy)
- Use your own personal photos to show your support and tell your story, and make sure to use #SaveAPlaceForBirds, #GivingTuesday, and @americanbirdconservancy in your post!
- Insert the link to your fundraising page in your bio, that way your supporters will be able to navigate to your fundraising page right from Instagram!
Tips & Ideas for Fundraising
Social Media Challenge: Use social media as a way to interact with others close to the cause and to promote your fundraising efforts. Encourage your friends to share your fundraising page - maybe offer to make a $5 donation in the name of anyone who shares your page or their own story (A great way to encourage participation if you were already going to make some donations).
Hashtag Challenges: Hashtags are a great way to engage with your network! Use the any hashtags associated with the organization you’re fundraising for to promote their positive impact and to share reasons why being a fundraising champion is important to you.
Utilize the suite of social share images www.SaveAPlaceForBirds.org website to make your fundraising posts stand out on social media.
You can also enhance your outreach by using your own personal photos. Personalized graphics will highlight your story to make a greater impact when reaching out to friends and family through email and social media. And including the link to your fundraising page, the organization's name, and the #SaveAPlaceForBirds hashtag on your image will make the graphic an even more powerful tool for fundraising!